Over the weekend, I received a number of emails and text messages from various friends and followers of this blog. I’m both humbled and deeply appreciative of the response to my request for prayer last week. The sincerity of the responses and the concern that was expressed was moving to me and reminded me that “I’m not in this alone.”
It’s strange when unexpected things happen to us. We often want to “buck up” or somehow find the grace within ourselves to overcome our issues; but candidly, God will allow things to happen to us where we simply can’t do it on our own. We need others.
As difficult as it is to admit it, it’s how God designed us as members of the body of Christ. We need each other! (See 1Cor.12)
And so if you should find yourself in an unexpected trial, difficulty or just weary from the heavy load that you may be carrying, take heart and know that you’re not alone. Find a place to express your need and let others come around you. It’s extraordinarily uplifting and gives you yet another reason to praise God for the wisdom of His plan for our lives.
Again, thanks to those of you who are praying. May I ask you to continue to pray this week until the different issues I shared are resolved,or, the Lord brings me to a place where I’m able to completely release them.
Blessings in Jesus,
Pastor Jay
Resting in Prayer
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment