In I Peter 3:15 the writer exhorts us to always be prepared to “give an answer for the hope that lies within us.”
Last night, in my weekly home group which I’ve grown to love very much, we did a little test.
Although all six couples certainly have a relationship with the Lord and all six could give a testimony about their relationship, only one seemed to have any idea how to lead someone else in a biblical way to the throne of salvation.
I want to ask you to think about that. If someone came to you and said “Show me in the Bible why I need to know Jesus and how I can” could you do it?
Something as simple as this, I believe, is fundamental to being a disciple maker and yet I would expect, if our group is typical, that 80% or more of us don’t know the basic scriptures that spell out
1. man’s condition
2. man’s destiny without Christ
3. God’s solution
4. what we can do about it.
In tomorrow’s blog I’ll put a very clear and simple pathway for you to describe to people so that you can jot it down or print it out or put it in your pocket and pull it out and use it in any conversation at any time to help someone make the most important decision of their life.
You see, it’s not so much our convincing words but the authority of scripture that changes hearts. I can’t stress that enough and I pray that you will find yourself in that narrow minority that knows how to lead someone to Christ and “give an answer for the hope that lies within you!”
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Always Be Prepared...
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I look forward to that commentary Jay. That will find a permanent place in my purse where I can grab it when needed. Thanks so much!
Post a Comment