As I write to you, we are in the eighth day of an August heatwave of 90 degree days and bone dry humidity. (Yesterday KDKA said this is more like Tucson, Arizona than Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!)
However, as I prepare to leave the office there are clouds in the sky and a strong likelihood that some rain's going to come and potentially have a significantly negative affect on our last Car Cruise. We had big plans for tonight including the "lighting of the cross" and several other things which may not happen.
Have you ever wondered why some of the things that you feel would honor God and are used by God in so many ways sometimes seem to fall prey to circumstance beyond our control? I have. Weather is one of those things as are traffic jams, etc., etc., etc.
The key that I've discovered is to trust the sovereignty of God in such things and to recognize that praise continues to build faith that somehow causes even negative things to turn out for the good when we don't know how that could possibly happen.
That's what I'm claiming for this evening's event and much more personal and perhaps critical issues that you and I might face in our walk with Jesus.
May the Lord bless your weekend. We'll return to this space on Tuesday the 7th with fresh revelation from the Lord!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
"Have You Ever Wondered?"
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment