It’s not unlikely that there’s a time in our day that every one of us needs some kind of a lift in our spirit. However, there’s those occasional times when it’s really much more profound than the need for a simple word of encouragement, it’s a major setback that needs to be overcome.
It’s at those times that you often need someone to come alongside you to give you that special word or touch from God that really lifts your heart.
That happened to me today as I was dealing with some unexpected information that really had set me back a bit. It wasn’t anything catastrophic but it was difficult and unexpected news and it was only when several others came and brought a really insightful perspective that I began to be reminded of the fact that the Lord was “in control”. (Which is something we all know, isn’t it!)
This is the wonderful beauty of community. When you need to be lifted up others are there for you and when others need that word, you can be there for them. Let’s see which of those God has in mind for you today.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
When You Need A Lift
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you man! I stand by you.
Post a Comment