My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Uncertain Days

In my blog yesterday I mentioned my experience this past Saturday in the inner-city of Pittsburgh. Even though that helped to remind me of the “higher values” that we pursue, another reality is that these are some of the most uncertain days that I’ve seen in my years on the planet.

With the Presidential election one month away, an economy in serious crisis and the threat of nuclear weapons growing in the Middle East, discernment allows us to know that this is an important time for God to give our leaders wisdom.

Scripture is clear that even though we may feel powerless to affect the outcomes of such global matters, the truth is that we have an enormous influence through concerted prayer. Scripture often teaches that we’re to pray for people in authority over us and in so doing God gets involved in ways that we could not have foreseen.

I’ve asked our Elders and Deacons to pray daily between now and the election for God’s hand of mercy on our nation. I want to invite you as a reader of my blog to do the same and beginning this Friday I’m going to give you a link to a 30 day prayer website that many of us will be aligning with as we find ourselves in a time of great uncertainty.

Whatever you do, find a way to pray in these days. You may have a better plan and I encourage you to follow it, but remember that uncertain days require a certain sense of direction. That’s what prayer will give us.

Blessings in Jesus,

Dr. Jay

No comments: