My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Something We Can All Afford

In these very challenging economic times, it’s easy to allow fear to cause us to withdraw and even hold back from doing things that can make a difference in how other people are coping with their challenges.

One thing we can all afford to do is to be encouraging to people regardless of their circumstances.

We base that, not on any baseless promise of prosperity, but rather on the certain promises of God to take care of us in the midst of whatever issues we may face.

I was greatly encouraged this week by the words of one godly man who told me that it’s specifically in difficult times such as this that he personally sows some of his biggest “seeds” into the soil of faith because he knows it will counteract the doubt and fear that the evil one wants to bring upon us. He is so right and that is something that all of us can do for each other, whatever the news reports of the day may be.

Have you ever noticed that a positive, encouraging spirit lifts the expectation of an entire room full of people? I have, and I pray that I’m able to continue in that spirit through whatever may lie before us.

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's times like these where I'm so glad that I've sown in the past. While the stock market drops and takes away from our worldly wealth, our past gifts to Christian charities are in a place where moth and rust do not destroy and where theives can not break in and steal. They'll be waiting for us one day when we ultimately see our heavenly stores.