As I sat and watched the wedding of Adam Farrell and Brooke Adler just a short while ago, I was reminded of how profound the institution of marriage is in our culture. The words that were spoken, the vows that were exchanged and the images that were represented all affirm the profound level of commitment that is implied by marriage.
Yes, there’s that essential element of romance, and certainly great moments of fun and adventure, but foundational to it all is the purpose that God had when He envisioned marriage, that the “two should become one” and that one flesh would truly honor and glorify Him.
Somehow, just sitting through the ceremony and listening carefully as those thoughts were exchanged was a great encouragement to me in the midst of all that our culture seems to do to undermine such values.
I’m glad we’re on this side of maintaining marriage as God intended.
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
Something about weddings
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment