My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Did You Feel It?

Sometimes change comes dramatically, but often it comes very subtly.

For the past several weeks it's been very hot and humid here in Pittsburgh and all of us have been coping with trying to keep cool while trying to perform our necessary tasks and sometimes even being comfortable in our homes.

But just over the past day or so the winds have shifted, the humidity has left and there's actually a very slight chill in the air.

I heard more than one weather commentator mention "this feels like the first hint of fall" and thus, another season will soon pass and another change will come.

I want to say that it's true of our lives as well. Sometimes change is very dramatic, but most of the time it's much more subtle. It's what you do over the long haul and what comes upon you in moments that God sovereignly determines that brings about dramatic change, often when you're not even expecting it.

Like the weather, I'm sure things won't settle for quite a while, but change is necessary if we're to keep growing in faith! Jesus referenced the inability of the people of His time to understand how weather revealed the nature of God and I want to learn from their mistake!

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments: