We're coming to the end of a very lovely time away from the demands of every day ministry and back to our family and friends who we love so much.
I'm excited about what's happening at the church and also about the possibilities that lie before us as we come to the end of the year and look ahead into 2010.
I wonder, though, why it's so difficult to fully engage in spiritual things when you get a time away from the every day demands? I suppose I might be "confessing" a bit in this installment of my blog, but the reality of it is I found it really hard to stay spiritually focused throughout the time away even though I had no other responsibilities.
That's not to say that I didn't have some wonderful times of reading the word, some books and prayer; but I have to say that I fell woefully short of what I thought I would accomplish.
Perhaps that's the key word in all this. Accomplish. Sometimes we need a break from all accomplishents and a time when we simply are allowed to "be" in relationship with the Lord and the beauty of what He's given us to share and enjoy.
I hope that's okay coming from a pastor. Maybe you find that disappointing, but that's reality and one that I'll continue to probably wrestle with for a long time.
None-the-less, I'm looking forward to re-establishing my routines at home and getting back where "accomplishing things" is something I'm wired to do.
At the end of the day, I'm thankful for grace which is what sustains me through all this no matter what!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Why Is It That...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment