I'm not sure how this Thanksgiving week will play out for you, but I know that for me there's so much to talk about, so much to share, and so little time to do it in.
This happens to be one of those rare Thanksgivings when all of my family will be together for the "All Worship Night" (Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.) and for Thanksgiving day celebration and dinner.
What I've discovered already, however, is that because it's been such a long time since that's taken place I don't know how we'll be able to make time to connect over those things that really matter.
Without a doubt, we'll make time for our worship gatherings and we'll make time for some wonderful meals, and I expect some good football games; I just pray that we make time to really connect at the heart level where it really matters the most.
I'm not sure why that's so difficult with families. Sometimes we just avoid those issues that we don't want to talk about or know that we can't answer in a simple conversation. However, it's worth the effort, I believe, and I pray that God gives us the wisdom to be able to do that in moments when we might be inclined simply to indulge ourselves in one of many of life's wonderful distractions.
There's so much to share... and so little time to do it in.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
So Much...
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the thoughtful sharing...certainly good to think and pray about as we head out to Chicago to spend time with family!
Have a wonderful time with your family and may God Bless you with opportunities to truly connect.
Post a Comment