I’m about to go on a one week trip that has several purposes. I’ll be in a few different cities and yet the goal on a trip like this is to not pile too many things in your suitcase for obvious reasons!
What I find is, however, that packing is a lot like living. There’s so many ways that you can envision yourself using your time that you want to try to be prepared for every scenario and thereby keep adding things in the bag.
In life, we add people and relationships, books and CDs, blogs and tweets, and then a whole lot of opportunities and wonder why life can still feel “heavy”!
This is a discipline, above all, I think. As I look through my bag I decided I didn’t need this item or that, even though it may prove to be a mistake!
But that’s where faith comes in and that’s where in life we have to make the same choices. Travel light… and trust Jesus to provide as needed.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Packing Light
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment