Being a first-born and pretty much a Type A person, I always feel a lot better when I make a list of things I need to get done in a day and then have the pleasure of checking them off as I go through my responsibilities and duties.
Recently, however, I’ve found myself more concerned with one thing than my list. That one thing is “Have I pleased the Lord today?” It’s not something I can always measure in some kind of quantifiable way, but it has a great deal to do with whether or not I’ve put the Lord first in my day, in my thoughts and activities, and have listened to His spirit guiding me throughout my encounters with others along the way.
I’ve come to realize that I can go to bed at night and be at peace even if I didn’t finish my list, as long as I’ve finished His.
Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
My "to do" list
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment