Wednesday was my “small group night”. For the past 27 years, Carol and I have been involved in a small group (well, several different small groups) without interruption. They have resulted in some of the most rewarding and enriching relationships of our entire spiritual journey.
There’s something incredibly fulfilling about having a group of people with whom you can share life’s journeys, both its joys and sorrows, failures and victories, and know that they’re not just going to nod and casually disregard what you’re saying. When they commit to pray for you during a difficult time or to celebrate with you during a wonderful time, its eases your burdens and multiplies your joys! I’ve had the privilege of both receiving and giving love, acceptance and grace to others who are just like me.
It’s one of the times of the week that I look forward to with great anticipation and rarely ever miss; it will forever be a part of the fabric of my spiritual journey. If you’re one of those folks who’ve been holding out on becoming a part of a small group, what more can I say? You’re missing out!
Blessings,
Pastor Jay
Small Group Night
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment