My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Paradox of the Physical

Today I needed to have a very minor procedure done to help alleviate some of the more chronic back pain that I've learned to live with over the last nearly 20 years.

I relate to the apostle Paul who says in 2 Corinthians 4:16 "though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."

What a true picture of what all of our lives are like, but more so as the years advance.

The great news is that there is no limitation as to how this inward glory can continue to grow despite whatever physical limitations we might have.

That reminds me that we must necessarily pray for many who are afflicted in ways that many of us would find difficult if not unbearable. It's not unusual for people to suffer in silence rather than to be surrounded by people who will express or demonstrate support, love and encouragement.

And so, why not share some of the inward glory by caring for those who perhaps find the outer self in a time of distress. You'll be blessed as you do so and they will find great reward in your care.

I look forward to worship this weekend where we celebrate the eternal truth that our destiny is one of ever-increasing glory!

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments: