For the past 16 years, I've invited all the local pastors that I know to share lunch together here at North Way during the ministry season from September through May.
This may seem like a relatively insignificant gesture, but in our minds its a statement about the importance of "the unity of the body of Christ" and our willingness to work together for the Kingdom rather than to compete with one another.
Not only do we share things about our churches, we share very personal matters that need prayer and mutual support.
It is, frankly, amazing to me that more pastors don't have time for such an important expression of life together; but so it is. However, we've come to learn that it's not "how many" attend, but rather the intensity of our care and passionate prayer together (see Acts chapter 12) that determines the outcome of these gatherings.
As we move into the summer season we'll take a break and be doing different things to personally recharge our spiritual batteries.
When fall comes around, however, we will gather once again and continue to unite our hearts and our churches in one mind and one spirit, which I believe is pleasing to God and effectual in making a difference for His Kingdom.
I'm thankful to be part of such a group of committed men who are serving Christ in this part of our great city.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
When Brothers Meet
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment