Beginning tomorrow, I’m going to be taking a “mini sabbatical” that will give me some time out of the office and away from the daily responsibilities that are so demanding in the position God’s allowed me to serve here at North Way.
Often in this space I will talk about the need for every one of us to make time to be with the Lord even if it costs you some of your favorite things, be it recreational or even financial. Such is the case for me as I leave town just before the 4th of July weekend when my family will be here and one of our biggest Car Cruises of the year will take place. Beyond that, I’ll miss the friendship and interaction with the great team I’m privileged to serve along side of here at North Way.
Be that as it may, I really need to be carving out time to be with the Lord in a “quieter” place where I can do what Psalm 46:10 says so clearly “Be still, and know that I am God.” I’ll probably make some entries into my blog in the coming weeks but maybe not on a daily basis as some of the time it's better just to listen than to talk, as I’m sure most of you would agree!
I want to thank those of you who’ve made some positive comments over the past weeks and months about postings I’ve made in this space and I do appreciate your prayers as I endeavor to be even more diligent about offering uplifting and encouraging insights as God would allow me to experience them.
I go in that spirit and with sincere prayer that you, too, will have some time when you can focus on God’s Spirit speaking to your heart.
Blessings!
Pastor Jay
Practicing What I Preach
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment