My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Generous Churches

There's not a pastor I know that doesn't long for his/her church to be more generous. This is a biblical quality that exceeds stewardship (2 Cor.9); but is rarely achieved by most congregations. It's the giving equivalent of "going viral" in the social networks.
I was caught in my tracks when I read that the #1 source of the impetus for a generous Church is a broken-hearted pastor. When the pastor can no longer find poverty, hunger,rejection of the gospel acceptable; when something MUST be done the seed is planted for generosity. There are many more to be sure, some that involve the people in the Church, but I had to ask myself just how deeply I felt about things around me.
Money is still the "most feared" topic for pastors to bring to their people. Yet Jesus said,"where your treasure is, there will your heart be also". How can we really love and serve our people and not speak freely in this area?
Blessings,
Pastor Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Pastor Jay. Please feel free to speak freely. :)