When I'm Tempted to Complain
Thursday, April 14, 2011
When I'm Tempted to Complain
This was one of those days when almost everything I planned to do "took longer and cost more" than I expected! I'm not sure about you, but my normal response to days like this is to try very hard to "not complain" when in reality the opportunity I have is to "lean more heavily on the Lord." It was Jesus who said "Take my burden upon you for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:29) What is it about our humanness that makes us so prone to complain and so unaware of how much the Lord desires to help us carry the weight of our daily challenges and even disappointments? What I began to discover was that each one of those extra burdens and disappointments had a purpose to shape my character and help me to trust the Lord in ways that I would not have naturally leaned into. And so, rather than complain, I have resolved to summon my focus to the cross and what Jesus did to set me free from my pettiness and self-centeredness. It's wonderful when I don't have to complain because at the cross Jesus provided everything I need to overcome even life's daily struggles and setbacks! Growing with you, Dr. Jay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment