My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Friday, January 14, 2011

The "Why"

Over the past few days, since the ‘home-going” of our brother and my friend Hans Rieder, I’ve been asked by lots of people about the “why does God allow this to happen?”

Needless to say, if I had the answer to that question, I’d need a much bigger office because I would have people lined up outside the door for miles and perhaps maybe even an opportunity to be of great comfort to lots of other folks.

The reality is that this is one of the great questions that has been wrestled with all the time, particularly by those who don’t know Jesus.

There is no emotionally satisfying explanation, but there is a spiritually powerful one that I hope to share this weekend for those who will be gathering at a memorial service. (I’ll seek to summarize that with you in my blog on Monday, 1/17/11.)

God has been faithful in sustaining us as we make preparations for both multiple worship services and a memorial service in the space of 20 hours. What is really needed, however, is the anointing of God and His Spirit in this time. If you’re a believer in Jesus or one who attends our church I would certainly appreciate your prayers for that to happen.

May the Lord bless your weekend richly!

In Jesus love,
Dr. Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the best memorial service that I have ever gone to. I was glad to be a part of it. Thank you, Pastor Jay for asking me to speak in it; I consider it an honor and I was so glad to be able to give tribute to Hans in this way.