Those of you who attend one of our North Way campuses here in Pittsburgh know that we’re beginning a 4 week series on the life of Mary, and what she teaches us about walking by faith through life’s most amazing experiences.
I confess that I’ve been caught up in the joy, planning, celebrating and shopping part of Christmas; but studying the life of Mary has reminded me of what is really possible if we see through the lens of faith.
What’s amazing to me is that in a total of 23 words, this young teenager opens her life to be radically changed by God with nothing but a simple question and a yielded response.
So often I’ve complicated my life with fears, doubts, rationalizations and relational “what if’s”. I need to say, like Mary, simply “be it unto me according to your Word.”(Luke 1:38) That simple posture would do more to make this a wonderful Christmas than anything else.
Blessings!
Pastor Jay
A "Mary Christmas"
Friday, December 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment