My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"The Hopes and Fears"

It's just a few days before Christmas and I must confess that my "hopes" and "fears" are colliding.

My hopes are for a wonderful, God honoring, family blessed and church anointed time celebrating the birth of our Lord!

My fears are that the shear weight of my expectations and the margin that I'm fighting so hard to preserve won't make it through the holiday and that I'll find myself disappointing my own expectations as well as those around me.

I take comfort in the words of this wonderful carol "O Little Town of Bethlehem" which says "the hopes and fears of all the years are met in Thee tonight." I need to rest in that. I need to find comfort and faith in that and realize that at the end of the day, it's all about Jesus being sufficient and not my inadequacies.

I've had a tough day trying to make all this work but it comes with this territory. The blessing is that better days are ahead and the hope of the promise of a Savior, though late in the minds of so many, was right "on time" according to God! Galations 4:4

Christmas Blessings!
Dr. Jay

No comments: