My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, December 21, 2009

A Special Moment

After 10 days of fairly nasty weather, an uncomfortable tooth extraction and several disappointing crowds at our Christmas events, everything pivoted in a moment. We were at the 11:00 service and Pastor Scott had brought a very comforting and encouraging message on overcoming loneliness at Christmas. Following his sermon (out of the book of Ruth and Luke), Adam Farrell came to the platform and shared an original song that he had written about the love and presence of God at Christmas time.

The beautiful lighting, the powerful lyrics and the “haunting” sounds of his song “It’s Christmas Time (Be the Miracle)” got to my heart in a hurry! It reminded me of just how powerfully God has been moving in our church and how blessed I am to be part of something that began nearly 29 years ago in a small basement just north of Cranberry with only a dream and a handful of committed believers.

The fact that miracles are still happening and that our church is still thriving was a great encouragement in the midst of all the things that weren’t going as I had planned. Adam hadn’t chosen the song to speak to my situation, but it certainly did and continues to as I revisit it over and over again. (It’s available on ITunes – do a power search for Adam Farrell and download the song!)

It was a great moment for me and one that I pray will be repeated again and again, but that’s something only the Lord can do. For now, I’ll just rejoice in the gift that he gave on that Sunday morning.

Blessings,

Pastor Jay

No comments: