In these days just prior to Christmas, nothing seems more important to us than how our families are doing.
I know that I'm calling each one of my kids every day just to "check on them" and to see what they're planning to do this Christmas and what, if any, needs they have that we might be able to meet.
Somehow we know that the most important thing in the world to us, beside our relationship with the Christ, is the family God's given us. Christmas somehow accentuates the value of those relationships and makes us more inclined to stay close to them than any other time of the year.
On the other hand, if you happen to be someone who doesn't have a biological family to watch out for you, then be encouraged that your spiritual family, your family of faith, is likewise reaching out at this time. If you simply open your heart and reach toward them you'll make a great connection that will cause this Christmas to be very special to you as well.
Blessings in Jesus to all my Christmas family!
Dr. Jay
Searching for Family
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"A Thankful Family"
I want to take this opportunity to express my thanks to you and Carol.
It was through your ministry that:
(1) my wife and her family were introduced to a relationship with Jesus Christ;
(2) my family grew in relationship with Jesus Christ; and,
(3) our families were brought together.
As my journey through life continues I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am to have a biological family of faith.
Thank you for your commitment to Christ, your example in faith, and for following His calling.
Post a Comment