My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Still Searching

This past weekend I had the privilege of attending my 40th class reunion from Washington & Lee University in Lexington, VA.

This college is not well known in the North but is quite popular in states south of the Mason Dixon Line and has the unique claim that George Washington and Robert E. Lee both served as President of the University since it’s founding in 1749!

Many great memories were rekindled in this trip but the most astonishing experience for me was that in a space of less than two days 5 different classmates approached me “privately” and asked the question “How can I know how to have a relationship with God, if He really exists?” (or something very close to those same words).

What this taught me was that despite significant intellectual and personal achievement these men were still searching to know God.

Because our world’s tend to be full of other believers we may forget that really wonderful people outside the faith don’t know where to look to find the peace that we have come to know in Christ.

I’m going to reexamine what I can do in those relationships and encourage you to do the same. Many, many people are still searching….

Blessings,

Dr. Jay

No comments: