My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Staying Positive

If you’re like me, there were a few things that I set “in my mind” to do this year that are different than 2008!

I don’t call them resolutions because I know that my own “will power” in and of itself, won’t get the job done. They are, however, things that I really do want to change.

It’s fascinating to me how difficult it is for us to change things that should really simply require a modicum of investment (such as going to bed 30 minutes earlier, reading 30 minutes rather than watching TV, not eating sweets every day, etc., etc.). All these things seem to become “big deals”. I can’t even change my mind without something getting in the way!

However, it’s still early enough in the year for me to know that God’s grace is the secret to all this. Invariably when I have found that source of power in my life, (II Corinthians 12:9) I’m able to marshal whatever energies are needed to make those changes. Without it, I seem helpless: but with it, all things are possible!

If you’re like me, don’t give up on those needed changes. If you’re struggling (like me) just ask the Lord for more grace!

Think eternally,

Dr. Jay

No comments: