There’s an interesting translation of Romans 8:21 where the Apostle Paul is talking about creation anticipating what God has in store for redeemed children of God. He says all of creation is on “tip toes” as they await the time that they will join God’s children in glorious freedom that they were designed for by God Himself.
Anticipation is related to faith and the expectation that God is about to do something. I have to say that that is a growing sentiment in mine own heart right now. I’m full of anticipation. I’m anticipating what’s going to happen as the students begin to gather together once again, looking for ways that the Holy Spirit is going to enlarge their capacity to reach others. I’m anticipating the growth of this Kids ministry as our incredibly devoted volunteers and staff gives their lives to our kids whose faith is unpolluted by the cultural battles all around.
I’m also on “tip toes” to see what the Lord is going to do in our congregation as we lean into ministry opportunities that seem to be opening up all around us. I trust that that’s the posture of your heart. Loved ones, anticipation- expectation - is pretty much the currency of those who move ahead in the Kingdom of God. I trust your account is full!
Have a great weekend!
Pastor Jay
Anticipation
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment