As I walked into the Atrium today at North Way I was "blown away" by the preparations for this evening's first "Tour de Romance."
Our friend and talented artist Michael O'Brien began this ministry several years ago when he wrote a series of romantic and heartfelt love songs about his relationship with his wife Sandra.
Like most of us, the O'Brien's have had their ups and downs but they've come to realize that unless you invest in your relationship there are more downs than ups and it takes a conscious effort to do so in order to break that cycle. I'm thrilled that we are overbooked for tonight and over 200 people will be joining us for a catered candlelight meal, live music with musicians from Nashville and wonderful testimony by Michael and his wife.
These are the kind of things that a church is called to do. Certainly we care for the soul but we also care for the lives of people in every dimension and I believe tonight will demonstrate that in a wonderful and really memorable kind of way!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
P.S. You can get a copy of Michael's excellent CD "Something About Us" at Amazon.com.
"Tour de Romance"
Friday, February 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment