One of the tough things about managing life well is the fact that you aren't always able to do the things at one stage in your life that you were in another.
Young adults scoff at this and feel invinceable until they tear their ACL or have some other injury while playing some kind of pick up game of sports or a similar type of accident.
Recently I stretched the tendon in my right elbow and have discovered that the therapy for such an injury is rather long and very tedious. As much as I'd like to say that it doesn't bother me, every time I shake someone's hand pain shoots up my arm and I find myself having to say "praise God" rather than something less honoring.
However, this also reminds me that I'm just a "clay jar" as Paul said and the real glory is the inner glory of God's Spirit. And so as I'm taking therapy and trying to be restored in a couple parts of my slowly fading external body, my inner man is rejoicing at God's goodness.
May it be so for you as well.
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
Embracing Therapy
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment