Over the last couple of days I've been struck by the power of simply saying "a good word" about another person.
If it's in their presence, it's all the more powerful as they drink in those ever so rare droplets of affirmation. It's an amazing thing to know that you're valued by someone that you respect and they find enormous motivation when those words strike their heart.
It also matters when you speak a good word about someone when they're not present. It tells the listener that you care about that other person but that you also are trustworthy when it comes to your relationship with them.
Just today I spoke with two very professional highly paid people who I affirmed in different ways and sensed their pleasure with the simple words that I shared with them. I also had the privilege of sharing some kind words with a co-worker who mutually affirmed some good things.
The net result of all this is that I go through the day feeling edified and knowing that I made a difference in building up others.
Think about it. With all the negativity in the world and all the ways that we know we don't match up to a particular standard, isn't it good... to hear a good word!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
A Good Word
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment