One of the things that helps me when I hit a "wall" in most any area of life is to seek to come up with a creative alternative rather than a simple yes or no.
This certainly was one of the things that Carol and I found to be an essential quality in our parenting. If your child wants to do something that you don't agree with for some reason, give them an alternative, rather than simply saying "No because I said so!"
This is also true of opportunities in service, ministry, outreach or anything to do with interacting with people.
Creative alternatives give you an opportunity to let God direct you in a way you hadn't considered and removes the likelihood that you'll be angry or even bitter about being denied.
It's not an easy thing at times, but it's a much better way to navigate difficulties.
Blessings!
Dr. Jay
Creative Alternatives
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment