I wrote yesterday on Twitter about the clouds that built up in the area where I’m staying and the eventual deluge of rain, lightening and thunder that struck us here for a number of hours.
The entire place where I’m staying seemed deserted and I was really concerned whether or not we would have power throughout the evening.
Everything went fine and now as a new morning dawns I’m amazed at the number of people that have come out “of the woodwork” and engaged themselves in the different activities in the town in which I’m staying.
It’s like that in life as well. Some times of “forced retreat” prepare us for days of great blessing! Just as today has provided beautiful sunshine and a great opportunity, scores of people are out and about! Likewise if you’ve been in a time of “forced retreat” by circumstance, expect the next day to give you blessing and opportunity because God always works in times and seasons!
Blessings,
Dr. Jay
After the Storm
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your statements on forced retreat really hit home with me today. I really needed those encouraging words, as my day at work was "disasterous"! I look foward to tomorrow. Thx, Pastor Jay.
Post a Comment