My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, click here.
Don't forget to update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dear Friends

As you reflect on your life, are there people you look at and say, with unconditional certainty, that they are a “dear friend”? That’s someone that knows just about everything about you there is to know and still loves you, or has walked with you through most of life’s most difficult moments and has encouraged you.

“Dear friends” are people that you call when you don’t know who to turn to and who love you when you don’t deserve it, even in your own eyes.

I don’t think that many of us have more than a few of those kind of people in our lives, but when we do have them it’s good to let them know that that’s the role that they fill.

I’m thinking of one “dear friend” right now who I know would step up to the plate for me at any time. I know that he would put my interest before his own in every circumstance and our friendship is truly a gift that I know the Lord allowed me to experience at a time when I needed it most.

I hope you have someone like that and if not, why not be that for someone who may have that need.

Blessings,
Dr. Jay

No comments: